8/16/2007

FACE STENCILS

I tried out this technique. Took most of a day to find a photo that would be identifiable as a person when posterized, changed to black and white and cut out. I ended up using that process and printing out about 9 different photos on transparencies. Only a couple of them actually ended up working as stencils though because if there is too much detail, the piece of transparency just falls apart after you cut out the details. Tricky. But I've included a couple of the photos I printed out to give you an idea of how much cutting is involved to create the final product. In some cases, using a negative image is easier. I think I want to try this process using photos of animals, flowers, and random doodles next. Hmm....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home