7/16/2007

BOOK THEME: Forests

The wording on the page reads: "Stepping through the library doors browse through the whispering trees of knowledge" Whew! I finished this last month's altered book page-spread right under the wire....okay, I guess since it should have been mailed by yesterday it TECHNICALLY isn't UNDER the wire but I came awfully close! LOL The book's theme that I've been working with is 'forests' and since I didn't want to do just any old tree/green/leafy spread, I decided to take a shot at making a forest composed of TREES OF KNOWLEDGE so I constructed my 'trees' out of stacks and shelves of books with an odd leaf or forest critter thrown in here and there. I think if I had it to do over, I would have picked a different medium....maybe painted in the images of books....dunno....they really don't stand out enough against the woodsy backdrop in the actual book and you'd have to stare at it for awhile to even decifer what is IN the picture. Not my best work but viola! there it is. LOL I'm thinking maybe I should have gone with my other idea of constructing a forest and having woodland creatures painting it green. I had some really cute clippings from old school readers of bears holding paint brushes....ah well, there is always next time....This is definitely one of those situations where you LEARN BY DOING. With each piece I finish, I have more ideas for the next one....now if only I could get over my procrastination and DO SOME ART ALREADY....sheesh....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

11/11/2008 12:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home